Sunday, November 11, 2012

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER?

 

I have a degree... of course I'm smarter than a 5th Grader!

Within this week, I realised a 5th grader was smarter than me!



From mid January 2012, my theme for the year has been "break every chain". I really felt God was dealing with me to break strongholds in my life, the lives of our family and when we ministered, we had to "break every chain". If that was not the outcome of our activities for 2012, it was almost as if we would miss God's purpose for us.






We recently had an entrepeneurs Day at school and we held a raffle. When we drew the names of the winner, a Grade 5 boy, (for the sake of his privacy) lets call him John, won the prize. John had never been friendly to me or my children and his mother had on various occasions outright ignored me, so when John won, my thought was "oh you". Not as excited as I would have been if someone close to me.
The workers at the stalls told me later they were really excited John had won as he told them when he bought the ticket "his family have never won anything and he had decided he was going to break that curse today by winning this raffle"

Rapped over the knuckles, I reflected back over the events. John had used our raffle as his point of contact to break a stronghold over his family, exactly what God had told our family was our focus for 2012. So it just goes to show, that our human nature can still be selective about who we would like to be blessed and who we don't think should be blessed

So in this event, a 5th Grader tapped into the spirit realm to break bondages over his family when I was not even feeling spiritual!
When God says "break every chain", you carry power to do so even when you are not focussed on the spiritual!
Yep...I had to start repenting again!

It is the presence of Jesus in you to "break every chain" because the anointing breaks the yoke. You might think it a coincidence that this happened, but there were more than 10 raffles out there that day, and he chose ours!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment