Thursday, May 17, 2012

Don't Ever Give Up

Watching helplessly as friends and family go through hard times is probably one of the hardest things for a person to do graciously. Every time its happened to me, I've felt very helpless and clueless as I have never known how to deal with it. I've learnt advice never helps and prayer has always felt so hopeless in these difficult predicaments I've found myself facing with people who often mean the world to me. Well, this January was no different.

If I read the Bible correctly, my God is a victorious God, He loves people and only Blessed them! So why are so many of His people taking strain under yokes of bondages. This time I watched a family very dear to me get ripped apart through lies! But in the spirit God had shown me the calling He had on this family about 6 months prior.

So when this onslaught came, I got mad that the devil was going to win again. I did not like that very familiar feeling of helplessness and powerless, because in my heart, I believe in my God!

They say the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, so I sat and meditated on the Word and decided the first thing in, is definitely prayer. So I started praying. But that did not change the helplessness. I still felt like I was not changing anything in the spirit.

So I decided to start fasting. My hubby is very familiar with fasting, he's been fasting every second day for 4 years now. Me? I'm not so keen on it! Because of that helpless feeling getting the better of me again, I decided to join him. No lies, no sugar coating, no stories of heroism! ...it was tough!

I had to not just keep my focus on why I was fasting (that's was to break the bondages over my friends lives) but during that time, I was faced with overcoming the greatest challenge of my spiritual walk: witchcraft (not sure if it was all connected in the spirit).

We had 7 weeks of utter chaos and confusion in our home, but I decided we had started on this journey, we had to complete it God's way! In the 1st week of March i felt the 1st signs of release as if the battle for my friends had been won. But the picture in the natural did not line up with the release I felt. By end of March the family where back together praising the Lord once more and I realised the most important lessons ever:
1. I can make a difference to someone by never giving up on them.
2. If I call myself a leader in the christian faith, I need to be prepared to walk the extra mile for someone God loves to break spiritual strongholds over those I relate to.
3. I learnt to keep my mouth shut. Not once did the family know I was praying and fasting for them (they still don't know). Not once did I tell them they were not where God wanted them or that they were sinning. I only confessed the calling that God had shown me earlier.
4. I learnt, if you desperate enough, you'll do it!

I am glad I learnt these lessons. God has restored the peace in my home supernaturally & brought my entire family through victorious. Praise the Lord for His goodness.

But I've also learnt I have the ability to help people if I'm prepared to crucify my own flesh by getting out of my own comfort zones.

I found this scripture in Isaiah 58v6:
6 "Is this not the fast which I choose,
To loosen the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the bands of the yoke,
And to let the oppressed go free
And break every yoke?

I like being in the "yoke destroying, breaking every chain" business because I've seen results, lasting results.

Don't ever give up on a person that God loves! He can use you to make a difference. You do not have to go as severe as what I did, fasting every 2nd day! But start to fight for the ones you love!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment